Each event on Thursday featured at least one time among the best in program history in their respective events, including multiple times among the top-five all-time, as the Valpo men’s swimming team continued competition at the Summit League Championships in Sioux Falls, S.D.
How It Happened
- In the 200 free relay, the team of Derek Eidson (Ventura, Calif/Ventura), Adam Chwieros (Lake Villa, Ill./Grayslake North), Noah Zapolski (Davenport, Iowa/Bettendorf) and Dominic May (Naperville, Ill./Naperville Central) placed sixth overall in the event, posting a time of 1:25.48 – sixth-best in program history.
- Brian Daniels (Brookfield, Wis./Brookfield) beat his previous season-best time by over five seconds, posting a 4:38.21 time in the 500 free preliminary round which moved him into third all-time in school history. Daniels finished 13th overall with a time of 4:40.99 in the finals.
- Eidson moved into third in program history in the 100 fly on Thursday, as he finished in 11th place with a finals time of 51.23. Junior Brett Strongman (Wolverine Lake, Mich./Walled Lake Central) posted a time of 52.19 in the same event, good for eighth in program history and a 15th-place finish.
- May placed 16th in the 50 free with a finals time of 21.31. His prelim time of 21:00 is the fastest recorded time this season and moves him into third all-time in Valpo history.
- Gus Rytting (Houston, Texas/Lamar) moved into seventh in program history as he placed 15th in the 200 IM with a finals time of 1:57.15.
The Summit League Championships continue Friday, Feb. 21 with the third day of competition. Prelims start at 10 a.m., with event finals at 5 p.m.