The Valparaiso University track & field teams competed in the second day of the Missouri Valley Conference Indoor Championships on Saturday at the UNI Dome in Cedar Falls, Iowa. TJ Weinzimmer (Northbrook, Ill./Glenbrook North) recorded a fifth-place finish in the triple jump to account for Valpo’s highest finish of the day.
How It Happened
- Weinzimmer placed fifth in the triple jump, covering a distance of 14.01m (45-11.5), his personal best in that event. He outdid his 2019 mark of 13.96m (45-9.75) that already ranked fourth in program history.
- Fifth-year senior Emanuel Daggett (Chicago, Ill./Gavit) was fifth in the 400-meter dash prelims, crossing the finish line in 49.97. The finals in the event will be held on Sunday.
- William Neupert (Beloit, Wis./Turner) had the highest finish for the Brown and Gold in the 3000-meter run, clocking a time of 9:23.37.
- Peyton Weber (Germantown, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) led the women with the highest finish of the day in any event, covering 10.43m (34-2.75) in the triple jump to place 10th overall.
- Devyn Miller (Mishawaka, Ind./Mishawaka) paced the women in the shot put, throwing for a distance of 10.97m (36-0) to finish 16th in the event.
- Tyler Howard (Schenectady, N.Y./Guilderland) recorded a 20th-place finish in the 400-meter dash, stopping the clock at 1:00.98.
- In the 60-meter dash, junior Taylor Smith (Crown Point, Ind./Crown Point) clocked a time of 8.61.
Valpo will return to action on Sunday as both the men’s and women’s teams compete in the final day of the Missouri Valley Conference Indoor Championships in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Coverage will once again be available on ESPN3 with links to live video and results posted on ValpoAthletics.com.