|News » Archives||VALPOATHLETICS.COM|
Tailgate to Enhance Game Atmosphere
Saturday, September 24, 2011
As the Homecoming football game approaches, the campus is buzzing with anticipation over Homecoming weekend's festivities. The new look Valpo Football team will be taking on Morehead State as the premier event on Saturday, October 1, at 1 pm, followed by an intense Horizon League volleyball rivalry match between Valpo and Butler at 5 pm.
Prior to the football game, the new student-only tailgate area has several special events taking place to ensure an enhanced game atmosphere and memorable experience for all students and alums. You won't want to miss it. The tailgate area will open at 11 am, two hours prior to kickoff, and students can grill out with friends prior to and during the game on grills provided! Students will be able to buy a variety of food packages to grill. The food packages can be purchased directly on your meal card or with cash either on game day or the week prior at the Dining Services Office. Important details and a menu are all listed below.
It will be a unique opportunity to socialize and grill-out at an athletic event, but that's not all that's going on. There will be a great view of the action, the opportunity to earn rewards points towards gift cards (soon to be announced!), and several tailgate games. There will also be a Tug of War Tournament at Noon in the Tailgate area and the winning team will win a free tailgating experience at the next home game (steaks and all!). Students can register their five-member team (guys or girls) in the Union's Chapel View Lounge or on the day of the competition (if slots are still available). The Tug of War is perfect for fraternities and sororities, student organizations, or even a team of you and your fellow dorm floor members. But the festivities don't end with football.
In between the football game and volleyball match, the Crusader volleyball team's parents are holding a free cookout for students to show their appreciation for fan dedication, with free t-shirts being handed out!
As Homecoming weekend kicks into gear, there is only one place to party, and that's in the ValparaiZone.
Details: Homecoming Tailgate - Brown Field - Behind East end zone by scoreboard
Saturday, Oct. 1 @ 11 am
Tug of War Tournament @ Noon
Valpo vs. Morehead St. @ 1 pm
- Tailgate lasts all game
- Grill food yourself (grills, utensils, etc. provided)
- Purchase food on meal card or with cash at the game, pre-order in dining services office, or bring your own
- Hang out with fellow students and alums
- Enjoy tailgate games
- Great view of action
- Tug of War Tournament - win free tailgating experience at next game (steaks or food of your choice!)
- Sign-up for Tug of War in Harrassment Hallway
- Teams of 5 guys or 5 girls (separate tournaments for guys and girls)
ValparaiZone Tailgate Area "Grill-It-Yourself" Menu
All orders can be split on any number of meal cards
A La Carte
2 Hot Dogs $2.00
2 Hamburgers $3.00
2 Bratwurst $2.00
2 Sausage $2.00
2 Indv. Chips $1.00
2 Sodas $1.00
Bulk Food Items
6 Hot Dogs $5.00
6 Hamburgers $7.00
6 Bratwurst $5.00
6 Sausage $5.00
1 Bulk Chips $3.00
1 12 pack $5.00
6 Indv. Chips $3.00
6 Sodas $3.00
Party for 2 - $6.00
2 Hot Dogs
2 Chips 2 Sodas
Party for 4 - $11.00
4 Hot Dogs
Party for 6 - $16.00
6 Hot Dogs
Party of 8 - $21.00
8 Hot Dogs
- Includes plates, napkins, silverware, buns, cheese, ketchup, mustard, relish, and mayo.
- Hot dogs and burgers can be exchanged for sausages and brats.
- All food orders can be charged to your meal card account day of or in the Dining Services office
- Group orders can be split amongst multiple meal card accounts