The Valpo bowling team posted three victories on the second day of competition Saturday from the Columbia 300 Saints Invitational, hosted by Maryville in Chesterfield, Mo.
How It Happened
- Valpo opened Saturday’s action, contested in the traditional team format, with a 962-843 win over Spalding. Freshman Alexis Roof (Flint, Mich./Kearsley) rolled the team’s top game of the day with a 216, while fellow rookie Noelle Doody (Tinley Park, Ill./Andrew) posted a 203 in the win.
- Valpo dropped its second match to Kentucky Wesleyan, 1000-932, despite a 213 game from senior Becky Lohse (Chesterton, Ind./Chesterton), and then fell 1020-893 to #3 Nebraska. Sophomore Jess Soskich (Arlington Heights, Ill./Buffalo Grove) led the way in the latter match with a game of 201.
- Valpo rebounded to earn consecutive wins to close out Saturday’s competition. First, the Brown and Gold claimed an 892-850 win over Drury, with Roof posting a team-high score of 196 in that victory.
- Then, Valpo capped the day with a narrow 910-893 victory against Lewis. Junior Hannah Forton (Macomb, Mich./Dakota) paced Valpo in that win with a 204.
- On the day, Lohse posted the team’s best average, rolling a 190.2 over the five matches. As a team, Valpo moved up two places in the team standings, ending Saturday in 11th place with a total pinfall of 8,977 through two days of action.
Valpo (32-39) closes out the tournament on Sunday morning with bracket play beginning at 8:30 a.m.