The Valpo bowling team returned to competitive action for the first time in over a month on Friday in the first of three days at the Big Red Invitational in Lincoln, Neb.
How It Happened
- Valpo opened Friday’s competition, contested in the five-game baker format, against host #3 Nebraska, falling 962-885 to the Huskers.
- A second matchup with a top-five opponent was next up, and #5 Arkansas State came away with a 999-938 win over Valpo.
- The Brown and Gold put one in the win column in the third match slot, earning a 1015-947 victory over Augustana.
- The day concluded with consecutive defeats, as Valpo dropped a 958-906 decision to #RV Prairie View A&M and a 954-899 final to #12 Central Missouri.
- Valpo ended the first day of action in sixth place in the eight-team field, having compiled 4,643 total pins.
Valpo (35-44) continues action from Lincoln with the second day of competition on Saturday. The traditional team games will begin at 9:25 a.m.