The Valparaiso University women’s golf team concluded its 2020-2021 season on Tuesday afternoon at the MVC Championships, hosted at the par-71, 5987-yard Bogey Hills Country Club in St. Charles, Mo. Junior Morgan Kier (Brownsburg, Ind. / Brownsburg) and freshman Carly Schiene (Mokena, Ill. / Lincoln-Way Central) shared the team lead in Tuesday’s round, while junior Payton Hodson (Middleton, Wis. / Middleton) concluded the season with the team’s best scoring average.
How It Happened
- Kier and Schiene both carded an 86 to share the team lead in Tuesday’s final round.
- Kier finished the 54-hole event with a team-best 252 (82-84-86), tied for 34th in the field.
- Sophomore Kelsey Eichenauer (North Manchester, Ind. / Manchester) was one stroke off the team lead in Tuesday’s round with an 87.
- Hodson finalized her season scoring average at 82.24, the best on the team.
- Evansville won the event with a 942, while Sophia Rohleder of the Purple Aces achieved individual medalist at 229.
Inside the Round
- After starting the season with a career scoring average of 82.52 that already ranked eighth in program history, Hodson bettered that mark to 82.41 this year, still eighth all-time.
- Kier had the fifth-best par-3 scoring average in the tournament at 3.27.
- Hodson and Kier had two birdies apiece during the event, while Kier had a team-high 21 pars.