The Valparaiso University women’s golf team turned in its best round of this week’s event on Tuesday as the Beacons closed out the Diane Daugherty Invite, hosted by Southern Illinois at the par-71, 5987-yard Bogey Hills Country Club in St. Charles, Mo.
How It Happened
- Freshman Madison Keil (LaGrange, Ind. / Lakeland) had the team’s best score of the day, turning in an 81 (+10). Her solid round helped her climb into a tie for the team lead for the tournament among those who counted toward the team score at t-85 with a 54-hole score of 260.
- Keil was joined at t-85 by Morgan Kier (Brownsburg, Ind. / Brownsburg), who closed the tournament with an 89 to finish at 260.
- The best score by a Beacon over the 54 holes came courtesy of Kelsey Eichenauer (North Manchester, Ind. / Manchester), who was golfing as an individual. She turned in her best round of the event on Tuesday, posting an 82 (+11) to finish at 257 (t-76).
- Senior Payton Hodson (Middleton, Wis. / Middleton) posted her best round of the tournament with an 86 on Tuesday.
- Valpo’s 18-hole team score of 346 in Round 3 was its best round of the week. The Beacons finished the three rounds at 1,050.
Valpo will return to competition on Sunday, April 3 for the first day of the Indiana State Invitational at The Country Club of Terre Haute in Terre Haute, Ind.