The Valparaiso University track and field teams concluded their outdoor season at the Missouri Valley Conference Outdoor Championships in Carbondale, Ill. Grace Aurand (Highland, Ind./Highland) was impressive in her first collegiate outdoor final, competing in two events on Sunday and moving up in the program record book in one of them.
How It Happened
- Aurand led Valpo in the 1500m run, placing eighth in the event to have the highest individual finish on the day by clocking a 4:38.31. After cracking the top five in program history with a 4:39.65 in Friday’s preliminary race, Aurand again bettered her PR on Sunday. She advanced in the program record book and now ranks fourth all-time. The freshman also placed 20th in the 5000m run, crossing the finish line 18:44.61.
- Eddie Juszczak (Lowell, Ind./Lowell) added another top-10 finish by placing 10th in the discus with a mark of 48.62m (159-6), achieving a personal best in the process. He uncorked the third-best discus toss in program history and now ranks behind only Steve Bartholomew (2008) and Jake Rasawehr (2018).
- Mackenzie Patten (Highland, Mich./Milford) competed in the discus, placing 18th with a mark of 36.29 (119-1).
- T.J. Weinzimmer (Northbrook, Ill./Glenbrook North) jumped for a distance of 13.77m (45-2.25) in the triple jump, placing eighth.
- Dominic Paoletti (Monroe, Mich./Monroe St. Mary) concluded an impressive season with an 11th-place finish in the 5000m run by clocking a 15:06.65.