More than three months after finishing their lone competition of the fall semester, the Valpo women’s bowling team returned to the lanes Saturday for the first of two days of action at UW-Whitewater’s Warhawk Invitational.
How It Happened
- Saturday’s action was contested in the traditional team format, and Valpo kicked off action against host #16 UW-Whitewater. The Brown and Gold fell 807-780, with sophomore Noelle Doody (Tinley Park, Ill./Andrew) leading the way with a 184 game.
- Freshman Addy Bates (Cedar Park, Texas/Cedar Park) posted Valpo’s best game of the day in the second match slot, rolling a 241 to help propel Valpo to an 898-801 victory over Lewis.
- Valpo dropped a 934-781 decision to #18 Maryville in the third match slot, with freshman Kaylee Hodson (Auburn, N.Y./Auburn) recording a team-best 182.
- Doody led Valpo for the second time on Saturday with a 196 in the fourth match slot as Valpo came up just short of Upper Iowa, 899-866.
- With an odd number of teams in the field, Valpo had a bye for the day’s final match and posted a team score of 875. Freshman Claudia Santiago-Ramos (Coamo, P.R./Academia Ponce Interamericana) rolled a 200 — the first 200 of her Valpo career — while Doody registered a 192 and Bates a 189.
- Valpo finished the day in fifth place in the five-team field. Individually, Bates led the way as her 189.6 ranked sixth among bowlers.
Valpo (8-9) closes out the Warhawk Invitational with baker matches on Sunday morning beginning at 8:30 a.m.