The #19 Valpo bowling team finished out the first day of competition at the Flyer Classic, hosted by Lewis in Lockport, Ill. on Friday with three consecutive victories to post a winning record.
How It Happened
- Valpo kicked off the tournament against the host Flyers, falling 933-854 to the squad one spot above it in the latest NTCA poll in the first of five baker matches on Friday.
- #23 Kentucky Wesleyan earned an 880-826 win over the Brown and Gold in the day’s second match slot.
- Valpo picked up its first win in its third match of the day, downing #24 UW-Whitewater 954-860.
- That victory started a string of three straight wins to close out the opening day of action, as Valpo went on to defeat Quincy, 914-820, and #RV Drury, 957-860, in its final two matches of the day.
- Valpo finished Friday with a pinfall count of 4,512, good for fifth position in the ten-team field.
Valpo (20-19) continues play in Lockport on Saturday with traditional team matches.