Valpo bowling freshman Isabella Palamaro (Thiells, N.Y./North Rockland) posted a 205.6 average on Saturday to lead the Brown and Gold as they competed on the second day of action from the Big Red Invitational in Lincoln, Neb. on Saturday.
How It Happened
- Valpo opened the day, contested in the traditional team format, against #9 Maryville. Despite having four bowlers break the 200 barrier, the Brown and Gold dropped a 1025-978 decision. Palamaro led the way with a 222, while sophomore Alexis Roof (Flint, Mich./Kearsley) rolled a 204 and freshmen Addy Bates (Cedar Park, Texas/Cedar Park) and Ruth Magaña (Federal Way, Wash./Decatur) posted matching 202s.
- Freshman Kaylee Hodson (Auburn, N.Y./Auburn) posted Valpo’s top game of the day with 235 in the second match, while Palamaro registered a 203, but it wasn’t enough to take down Upper Iowa, as the Brown and Gold fell 1020-951.
- #8 Youngstown State earned a 1025-923 win in the third match slot of the day despite a team-high 203 from Hodson.
- Hodson led the way for a third consecutive game in the fourth match slot, posting a 213 while Palamaro tallied a 212 and Roof a 210 as Valpo recorded a team score of 998 in its bye match.
- Valpo closed the day with a 948-880 victory over Quincy. Bates led the way in the winning effort with a 229 game.
- Through two days of competition, Valpo sits in ninth place in the team standings. Valpo has totaled 4,826 pins through two days, just 50 shy of Lincoln Memorial in eighth position.
Valpo (26-30) concludes the Big Red Invitational on Sunday beginning at 9 a.m.