Facing a difficult slate of opponents on Saturday which featured three of the nation’s top four teams, the Valpo bowling team maintained its spot in the tournament standings after the second day of action in the MOTIV Ladyjack Classic in Kenosha, Wis.
How It Happened
- Valpo opened the day’s action against #2 McKendree, falling by an 1103-891 final. The Beacons were led in the opener by a 192 from Noelle Doody (Tinley Park, Ill./Andrew) and a 191 effort from Lilu Smith (Gahanna, Ohio/Lincoln).
- Valpo gave #3 Arkansas State a run in the second match slot of the day before dropping a 998-931 decision. Addy Bates (Cedar Park, Texas/Cedar Park) led the way with a 224 in that contest, while Isabella Palamaro (Thiells, N.Y./North Rockland) posted a 194 game.
- The Beacons fell to #11 Duquesne 1016-940 in their next match despite the team’s high game of the day, a 228 from Palamaro. Bates added a 195 as well.
- The second day of competition concluded with an 877-768 loss to Aurora and a 971-825 defeat against #4 Vanderbilt.
- Bates recorded Valpo’s top average of the day, posting a 187.6 over the day’s five matches.
- Valpo concluded the day in 12th place in the team standings with 8,873 total pins, just 17 pins out of 11th
Valpo (18-29) concludes the Ladyjack Classic with a trio of best-of-seven baker matches in bracket play on Sunday, opening with a matchup against Marian.