The Valparaiso University women’s golf team continued action at the Golfweek Program Challenge from Caledonia G.C. in Myrtle Beach, S.C. on Monday.
How It Happened
- As a team, Valpo shot 316 for the second straight day. The Crusaders sit in 13th place out of the 16 competing teams through 36 holes.
- Freshman Kayla Krueger (Spring Lake, Mich./Spring Lake) led the way for the Crusaders on Monday, shooting a second-round 77 to finish the day at 155, tied for 36th place. Junior Katie Willenbrink (Mishawaka, Ind./Penn) was one stroke back of Krueger, carding a 78 for the second consecutive day.
- Senior Angie Kim (Schaumburg, Ill./Fremd) improved by two strokes over her first-round score, shooting a round of 80 on Monday.
- Sophomore Kylie Shoemake (Schererville, Ind./Lake Central) posted a second-round 81, while freshman Tiffany Curtis (Crown Point, Ind./Crown Point) rounded out the Crusader team.
Inside the Round
- Krueger and Shoemake both recorded multiple birdies on Monday.
- Through two rounds, Krueger is one under par on the course’s four par-5s.
- If the Crusaders were to shoot a third consecutive round of 316, they would break by two shots their program record for team 54-hole tournament score, which currently sits at 950.
The Crusaders will close out the Golfweek Program Challenge on Tuesday, as Curtis will be the first Valpo player to tee off, going off from hole 10 at 7:15 a.m. CT.