The Valparaiso University women’s golf team participated in the second round of the Aggie Invitational on Tuesday in Las Cruces, N.M. Freshman Kayla Krueger (Spring Lake, Mich. / Spring Lake) turned in the best round of the day for the Crusaders by stroking an 80 (+8).
How It Happened
- The Crusaders posted a team score of 330 on the second day of competition and enter Wednesday’s final round with an overall team score of 647, in 10th place in the 10-team tournament.
- Krueger is at 162 through two rounds, tied for 40th in the tournament.
- Valpo is led by sophomore Madison McCreary (Batesville, Ind. / Batesville), who is tied for 25th overall with a 36-hole score of 162. McCreary finished with an 83 on Tuesday after establishing a new career watermark with a 74 in the first round on Monday.
- Senior Angie Kim (Schaumburg, Ill. / Fremd) carded an 84 in the second round. She sits in 43rd place overall at 163.
- Katie Willenbrink matched her score from Round 1 by posting an 83 on Tuesday. Her score of 166 through two rounds is tied for 51st overall with Valpo sophomore Kylie Shoemake (Schererville, Ind. / Lake Central), who scored an 84 on Tuesday.
Inside the Rounds
- Valpo has seven birdies as a team, led by McCreary with three.
- The Crusaders have 89 pars as a team, tied for eighth in the event. Krueger has shot par on a team-high 21 holes, while Shoemake has added 19 pars.
- Host New Mexico State leads the tournament with a team score of 594 through two rounds, followed by South Dakota State at 600.
The final round of the Aggie Invitational will commence on Wednesday morning at the New Mexico State University Golf Course in Las Cruces, N.M. A link to live stats will be available on ValpoAthletics.com.