The Valparaiso University women’s soccer team returned to the road for the first time in three weekends on Friday evening, falling at Middle Tennessee State by a 4-0 final.
How It Happened
- The teams played a scoreless opening period, as MTSU out-shot Valpo just 5-3 over the first 45 minutes and both sides had just one shot on goal.
- The Blue Raiders got on the board in the 52nd minute as Hannah Tillett converted on a penalty kick.
- Peyton DePriest pushed the MTSU lead to 2-0 with a goal less than four minutes later.
- The Blue Raiders added goals in the 85th and 89th minutes for the final margin.
Inside the Match
- Friday’s loss snapped a streak of four consecutive road results (3-0-1) for Valpo in regular season play.
- The defeat was Valpo’s worst since dropping a 6-0 decision at Notre Dame to open the 2015 season.
- MTSU (4-2-0) out-shot Valpo by a 17-7 margin for the match and put nine shots on goal to Valpo’s three.
Valpo (2-3-1) closes out its weekend in Tennessee with a Sunday afternoon matchup against Belmont at 2 p.m.