The Valpo soccer team dropped its final nonconference road match of the season Sunday afternoon, coming out on the short end of a 3-0 decision at Ball State.
How It Happened
- A turnover in the defensive third resulted in a goal from Ball State’s Avery Fenchel in the 11th
- The Cardinals doubled their lead less than three minutes after intermission as Fenchel completed her brace.
- Sophomore Lauren Cook (Littleton, Colo./D’Evelyn) had a strong effort from distance in the 72nd minute which looked a good chance to grab a goal back, but BSU goalkeeper Bethany Moser made the stop to keep it 2-0.
- Ball State completed the scoreline in the 77th minute as Delaney Caldwell hit the back of the net.
Inside the Match
- Valpo and Ball State finished the match level with nine shot attempts apiece, but the Cardinals put six on goal to the Beacons’ three.
- Freshman Kennedy Hill (Austin, Texas/St. Michael’s Catholic Academy) made her collegiate debut off the bench late in the match.
Valpo (1-3-2) concludes the nonconference slate with a pair of home matches on Brown Field. First up will be a matchup with Purdue Fort Wayne on Friday night at 7:30 p.m. The match can be seen live on ESPN3.