Sophomore Demi Jhaveri (Westlake, Ohio / Westlake) provided a triumph in her sixth singles match on Sunday, serving as the highlight of a 6-1 setback to visiting Bowling Green in the final match of a busy home weekend of Valparaiso University women’s tennis action at The Courts of Northwest Indiana.
How It Happened
- Jhaveri collected her victory in straight sets over Laura Silveira at the No. 6 singles position, winning 6-3, 6-1.
- Jhaveri became the fourth Valpo player with multiple singles wins this season by virtue of her triumph.
- The lone three-set showdown of the day came at No. 3, where Amanda Tabanera (Valencia, Calif. / Valencia) bounced back after dropping the first set to force a third-set tiebreak, but Bowling Green’s Yulia Kapitanova won the match 6-0, 2-6, 10-5.
- Claire Czerwonka (Kenosha, Wis. / Saint Joseph Catholic Academy) forced a tiebreak in the first set at No. 1 singles, but Marharita-Sophia Tavpash eventually captured both sets of the match.
- The Falcons (2-2) also prevailed on all three doubles courts, including a tight 6-4 match at two dubs.
Valpo (1-6) will host another home match on Saturday, Feb. 27 at 4:30 p.m. vs. Toledo at The Courts of Northwest Indiana, the first of consecutive home dates this coming weekend to close out a stretch of eight straight at home.