SAAC is a student-athlete led and organized committee that unifies as the voice of Valpo student-athletes. SAAC offers several benefits to student-athletes, in addition to providing a platform for student-athletes to use their voice. Student-athletes are able to:
- Engage in discussions and decisions directly related to NCAA legislation and the demands of being a student-athlete
- Gain leadership development and growth opportunities within the athletic department, conference and NCAA
- Interact with student-athletes outside of their sport
- Gather career-applicable experience to use on a resume and make professional connections
- Actively participate in professional development and wellness activities
- Make a difference on campus and in the community
SAAC meets on a monthly basis, with sub-committees meeting twice a month and the leadership team meeting weekly.
Student-athletes wishing to get involved in SAAC should reach out to either JT Klopcic, Assistant Academic Support Coordinator (JT.Klopcic@valpo.edu) or Elizabeth Conard, Assistant Director of Athletics for Academic Support and Student Services (Elizabeth.Conard@valpo.edu).