Valparaiso University track & field teams began the first outdoor meet of the season on Friday at the Bill Cornell Invite hosted by Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Ill. Junior Alek Trafton (Lockport, Ill./Lockport) had the highest finish for the Brown and Gold on Day 1.
How It Happened
- Trafton recorded a distance of 39.01m (128-0) in the discus to own the highest finish for the men as he placed 11th overall in the event.
- Eddie Juszczak (Lowell, Ind./Lowell) recorded a 12th-place finish for the men in the discus as he threw for 37.75 (123-10).
- Freshman Mackenzie Patten (Highland, Mich./Milford) recorded the highest finish for the women in the discus event, placing 12th with a distance of 32.86 (107-10).
- Hayley Krulik (Crown Point, Ind./Crown Point) finished 13th with a distance of 32.39m (106-3), followed by teammate Michelle Pierce (Indianapolis, Ind./Heritage Christian) placing 14th with a distance of 30.69 (100-8).
- Devyn Miller (Mishawaka, Ind./Mishawaka) placed 15th overall with a distance of 30.55 (100-3), while teammate Lena Luebbering (Heyworth, Ill./Heyworth) finished 16th with a 28.36 (93-0) throw.
Valpo will compete in the second day of the Bill Cornell Invite on Saturday in Carbondale, Ill. A link to live results is available on ValpoAthletics.com.