The Valparaiso University track & field teams competed in Terre Haute, Ind. at the Pacesetter Sports Invitational on Friday. Junior Eddie Juszczak (Lowell, Ind./Lowell) led Valpo on a day where Valpo had numerous top-10 finishers. This marked the final tune-up prior to the Missouri Valley Conference Outdoor Championships.
How It Happened
- Juszczak led Valpo on the day, finishing fifth in the hammer throw by throwing for a distance of 52.67m (172-10). Juszczak added a 15th-place finish in the discus event, throwing for 41.86m (137-4).
- Lauren Mikolajczak (Bloomingdale, Ill./Montini Catholic) collected the highest finish for the women, placing eighth in the hammer throw with a distance of 50.30m (165-0).
- TJ Weinzimmer (Northbrook, Ill./Glenbrook North) placed sixth in the triple jump as he covered a distance of 14.39m (47-2.5).
- Will Maidment (Woodstock, Ill./Woodstock) reached a height of 1.90m (6-2.75) in the high jump to place seventh for another top-ten finish.
- Tristian Malatlian added a top-10 finish, placing ninth in the pole vault by reaching a height of 4.10m (13-5.25).
- In the long jump, Jared Humphrey (Hobart, Ind./Andrean) placed 16th of 23 with a distance of 6.15m (20-2.25).
- Hayley Krulik (Crown Point, Ind./Crown Point) had a solid day, finishing 12th in the hammer throw with a distance of 45.28m (148-7). The senior also had a pair of 15th-place finishes in the shot put with a toss of 11.57m (37-11.5) and in the discus with a heave of 37.30m (122-4).
- Michelle Pierce (Indianapolis, Ind./Heritage Christian) threw for a distance of 11.01m (36-1.5) in the shot put and posted a 43.53m (142-10) to place 16th of 26 in the hammer.
- Mackenzie Patten (Highland, Mich./Milford) covered a distance of 33.47m (109-10) in the discus to pace the team.
Valpo will return to action on May 14 for the first day of the MVC Championships in Carbondale, Ill. Links to live video and results will be available on ValpoAthletics.com.