The Valpo women’s swimming team continued competition from the 2022 MVC Championships in Iowa City, Iowa on Friday, with three swimmers posting times good for spots on the program’s all-time top-10 charts.
How It Happened
- Senior Chiara Robinson (Castle Pines, Colo./Rock Canyon) improved upon her second-best time in program history in the 100 IM on Friday, swimming a time trial in the event in 1:00.92. Her time was just .34 off the program record in the event.
- Freshman Sara Strauss (Spring Lake, Mich./Spring Lake) moved up Valpo’s chart in the 100 breast, moving into seventh all-time at Valpo in the event with a time of 1:08.04. Robinson swam that event as well and posted a time of 1:09.56, missing her own spot on the top-10 chart by less than a half-second.
- Freshman Haley Hume (Ballwin, Mo./Marquette) cracked the program’s top-10 in the 100 back with her time of 1:00.22. Sophomore Kenzie Conn (Celina, Ohio/Celina), who already ranked third in program history in the event, was just .42 off her PR as she touched the wall in 58.68.
- Freshman Morgan Allison (West Chester, Ohio/Lakota West) qualified for the ‘C’ final on Friday evening in the 400 IM and swam a 4:54.37 in the final.
- Freshman Bridget Pollard (Plainfield, Ill./Plainfield South) paced Valpo with a prelim time of 1:00.30 in the 100 fly, while junior Morgan Markley (Bluffton, Ind./Norwell) led the Beacons in the 200 free with a time of 2:02.98.
The 2022 MVC Championships conclude on Saturday, with prelims beginning at 11 a.m.