The Valparaiso University women’s golf team finished out the Loyola Parkinson Invitational, hosted at the par-72, 6041-yard Merit Club in Libertyville, Ill., on Tuesday afternoon. Sophomore Madison Keil (LaGrange, Ind. / Lakeland) had the best round of any Beacon in the tournament’s third and final round.
How It Happened
- Keil finished out the event with her best round on Tuesday. She carded a 76, a five-stroke improvement from her Round-2 score and eight strokes better than her opening round. She finished the event at 241, tied for 22nd.
- A pair of Valpo golfers capped off top-20 finishes, as sophomore Anna Fay (Ada, Mich. / Forest Hills) and Kelsey Eichenauer (North Manchester, Ind. / Manchester) posted identical scores for the third consecutive round. They each stroked an 80 on Tuesday to finish with 54-hole scores of 237, leading the team and t-16 overall.
- Valpo’s team score of 317 was its best of the three-round event. The squad finished the three days with a 54-hole score of 962. Valpo’s third-round score of 317 was tied with MVC foe Indiana State and just two strokes behind Valley competitors UIC and Drake. For the tournament, the Beacons were just two strokes behind the Sycamores for fifth.
Inside the Rounds
- Valpo’s best showing was on par-3 holes, where the team finished fourth in the event with a 3.42 average.
- Freshman Taylor Skibinski (Michigan City, Ind. / Michigan City) thrived on par-3 holes, finishing with a 3.00 average.
- Eichenauer, Fay and Keil had four birdies apiece to help the team finish with 18.
The fall season will conclude next week as the team heads to the Dayton Flyer Invitational. The event will begin on Monday at the NCR Country Club in Kettering, Ohio. A link to live scoring will be available on ValpoAthletics.com.