The Valparaiso University women’s golf team competed in the first 18 holes of the two-day Sacred Heart University Spring Invitational, which began on Monday at the par-72, 5955-yard LPGA International Hills Course in Daytona Beach, Fla. The Beacons were led by Kelsey Eichenauer (North Manchester, Ind. / Manchester) in the first round of action.
How It Happened
- Eichenauer turned in an 83 to lead all Valpo golfers, tied for 43rd in a 76-player field.
- The team’s next-best score came courtesy of Emily Krzyzanowski (Scottsbluff, Neb. / Gering), who shot an 85 out of the No. 4 spot in the lineup to check in at t-48.
- The third Beacon in the top 50 was Taylor Skibinski (Michigan City, Ind. / Michigan City), who carded an 86 to finish Day 1 at t-50.
- Valpo’s team score of 341 ranked 11th in the 11-team field, six strokes in back of 10th-place Hartford.
- Host Sacred Heart leads with a 297, while five individuals are tied atop the player leaderboard after each of them posted a 73.
- Valpo’s best showing has been on par-3 holes, where the squad ranks fourth in the field with a 3.30 average.
- Four birdies have been drained by the Brown & Gold, led by Roslyn Leitner (Dundee, Ind. / Harry Jacobs) with two.
The event will continue on Tuesday, March 14. A link to live scoring will be available on ValpoAthletics.com.