The Valparaiso University track & field team closed out its indoor season on Monday, the final day of the two-day Missouri Valley Conference Indoor Championships. The event was held at Gately Park Track & Field Center in Chicago, as the Beacons served as the co-host alongside Loyola. This marked the program’s first time hosting an MVC championship event.
How It Happened
- In the men’s 3,000, Simeon Ehm (Castle Rock, Colo. / Heritage) was the first Beacon to cross the finish line, finishing just outside of a personal best at 8:44.24.
- Sophomore Grace Aurand (Highland, Ind. / Highland) achieved a PR in the women’s 3,000, leading the team at 10:33.22.
- The Valpo men put together a time of 3:28.80 in the 4x400-meter relay, notching a seventh-place finish.
- In the throws, Jeremiah Johnson (Zion, Ill. / Benton) recorded the team’s top mark in the shot put, covering 13.30m.
- In the men’s high jump, Billy Morinville (Highland, Ind. / Highland) cleared 1.85m, matching his indoor best.
This concludes the team’s indoor season. The outdoor schedule will be released soon.