The Valparaiso University women’s golf team opened up the Diane Daugherty Invite on Monday in Kirkwood, Mo. The teams played the first 36 holes of the 54-hole event, hosted by Southern Illinois University at the par-71, 6042-yard Greenbriar Hills CC. Junior Payton Hodson (Middleton, Wis. / Middleton) turned in Valpo’s top score of the day.
How It Happened
- Hodson led Valpo with a 163 over the first 36 holes, posting an 82 in Round 1 before leading the team with an 81 in Round 2.
- Sophomore Cailey Rooker (St. Joseph, Mich. / St. Joseph) paced the squad in Round 1 with an 81 before finishing the day second on the team with a 169.
- Missouri Valley Conference members Illinois State, Bradley, Missouri State, Loyola, Drake, Southern Illinois, UNI and Indiana State are all competing in the event as well.
- Arkansas State leads the field with a score of 605, with Illinois State second at 614. Bradley’s Taylor Ledwein is at 145 (+3), putting her atop the individual leaderboard entering the final round.
- Valpo’s best performance came on Par-5 holes, where the team averaged 5.47
Valpo will play the final 18 holes of the event on Tuesday, which features a 9 a.m. CT shotgun start. The link to live scoring via GolfStat can be found on ValpoAthletics.com.