The Valparaiso University women’s golf team closed out the Diane Daugherty Invite on Tuesday in Kirkwood, Mo. The teams played the final 18 holes of the 54-hole event, hosted by Southern Illinois University on a par-71, 6042-yard Greenbriar Hills Country Club course. Junior Morgan Kier (Brownsburg, Ind. / Brownsburg) paced the team on the event’s final day.
How It Happened
- Kier turned in the best single-round score by any Valpo player in the tournament on Tuesday, carding an 80. She improved her score in each of the three rounds and shaved seven strokes off her Round-2 score in the third round. The 80 equaled Kier’s season low round.
- The team also experienced improvement, finishing Tuesday with its best team score of the event at 330, 13 strokes better than its Round-2 score.
- Junior Payton Hodson (Middleton, Wis. / Middleton) remained steady for the tournament, golfing her second straight 81 to finish with a team-best 54-hole score of 244.
- Sophomore Cailey Rooker (St. Joseph, Mich. / St. Joseph) was second on the team with a 252 after carding an 83 over the 18 holes on Tuesday.
- Arkansas State won the team title with a 54-hole score of 914, while Bradley’s Taylor Ledwein (221, +8) was the individual medalist.
Valpo will face a quick turnaround as the team will make its way to Terre Haute, Ind. for the two-day Indiana State Invitational beginning on Sunday, April 4 at the Country Club of Terre Haute.