The Valpo bowling team continued its final fall semester tournament of the year on Saturday with the second of three days of competition at the MOTIV Ladyjack Classic in Kenosha, Wis.
How It Happened
- The schedule draw dealt the Beacons a tough start to Saturday’s action, as Valpo faced the nation’s top two teams in the day’s first two matches. The Beacons dropped a 1097-952 decision to #1 McKendree in the opener despite a team-best game of 197 from freshman Jen Patz (Naples, Fla./Naples) and then fell to #2 Vanderbilt, 1096-815.
- #20 Lewis earned a 976-874 victory over Valpo in the third match slot, 976-874, despite a 204 game from junior Isabella Palamaro (Thiells, N.Y./North Rockland).
- Patz led Valpo for the third time on the day against #18 UW-Whitewater, but it wasn’t enough to claim a win, as UWW picked up the 892-784 victory.
- The Beacons closed the day on a winning note, downing Marian 852-825 as senior Noelle Doody (Tinley Park, Ill./Andrew) led Valpo with a 205 in the victory.
- Valpo ended the day in 12th place in the team standings.
Valpo (15-22) closes out action from Kenosha on Sunday.