Making its return to competition for the first time in over two months, the Valpo bowling team posted a winning record on the opening day of action at the Brunswick/CVSC Peacock Classic Friday, hosted by Upper Iowa in Waterloo, Iowa.
How It Happened
- Valpo opened tournament action on Friday, contested in the five-game baker format, against Illinois Wesleyan and easily claimed the opener, 768-608.
- The Beacons made it two wins in a row with a 907-863 victory over Quincy.
- Valpo’s first loss came in the third match slot, as the Beacons fell 997-857 to #16 Newman.
- The Beacons rebounded from the defeat with a narrow 874-860 win against host Upper Iowa.
- Valpo posted its best score of the day in the final match on Friday, but it was not enough for the victory, as #RV Lewis emerged on top, 952-911.
- Valpo concluded the day in fifth place out of nine competing teams in the team standings with 4,317 total pins, just four pins out of fourth place.
Valpo (19-27) returns to the lanes for traditional team matches on Saturday in the second of three days of competition from Waterloo.