Four Valpo swimmers earned first-place finishes on Saturday as the Valpo swim team closed out fall semester action at Lewis.
How It Happened
- Three Valpo women touched the wall first in Saturday’s meet. Chiara Robinson (Castle Pines, Colo./Rock Canyon) was the first event winner for the women, coming home in 56.27 in the 100 free.
- Sophie Morelock (Milan, Mich./Milan) followed with a first-place finish in the 200 back, recording a time of 2:16.41. Bridget Pollard (Plainfield, Ill./Plainfield South) racked up an event win later with a time of 5:25.07 in the 500 free.
- On the men’s side, Billy Bennett (Libertyville, Ill./Libertyville) continued his strong senior year with a win in the 100 breast with a time of 59.02.
- Robinson and Pollard both added a second-place individual finish to their respective event victories on Saturday. Robinson touched the wall second in the 50 free with a time of 26.06, while Pollard swam an 11:23.14 in the 1000 free for a runner-up showing.
- Two other Valpo women picked up second-place finishes on Saturday. Haley Hume (Ballwin, Mo./Marquette) recorded a runner-up finish in the 200 free with a time of 2:05.84 and Kenzie Conn (Celina, Ohio/Celina) touched the wall in 1:04.15 in the 100 back for her second-place finish.
- Two Valpo men registered a pair of runner-up placements. Dominic May (Naperville, Ill./Naperville Central) finished second in both the 200 free (1:46.10) and the 50 free (21.73), while Ethan Welker (Clear Spring, Md./Saint James School) touched the wall second in the 200 fly (2:00.56) and the 500 free (4:59.39).
- Derek Eidson (Ventura, Calif./Ventura) also earned a second-place finish on the men’s side, coming home in 53.07 in the 100 fly.
- Lewis earned the team victory on both the men’s side (192-70) and the women’s side (171.5-88.5).
Valpo will compete next during Christmas break during its training trip to Florida, taking to the pool for competition on Jan. 3 at the Orange Bowl Swim Classic from Key Largo, Fla.