The Valpo men’s and women’s swimming teams turned around after competing Friday evening and returned to the pool Saturday afternoon in a dual meet at IUPUI. Four different Beacons posted second-place finishes in individual events to lead the squad’s effort Saturday.
How It Happened
- Senior Dominic May (Naperville, Ill./Naperville Central) led the Valpo effort on the men’s side. May touched the wall second in the 100 free, posting a time of 47.72, after earlier placing third in the 50 free with a time of 21.39.
- Freshman Alex Koetter (Cincinnati, Ohio/Moeller) registered a third-place finish as well on Saturday, completing the 500 free in 4:57.20.
- Less than 24 hours after earning two event wins apiece, freshmen Haley Hume (Ballwin, Mo./Marquette) and Bridget Pollard (Plainfield, Ill./Plainfield South) each had a second-place showing against the Jaguars Saturday. Hume’s runner-up finish came in the 200 IM (2:21.87), while Pollard placed second in the 500 free (5:24.76).
- Sophomore Kenzie Conn (Celina, Ohio/Celina) picked up two top-threes on Saturday. Conn touched the wall second in the 100 back (1:00.83) and came home third in the 50 back (28.06).
- Freshman Dot Chislett (Stillwater, Minn./Stillwater Area) recorded a third-place finish as well, covering the 100 fly in 1:02.13.
- IUPUI won the team scoring on the women’s side, 162-73, and on the men’s side, 169-69.
Valpo returns to action next Saturday morning at Eastern Illinois, as both squads take to the pool starting at 11:30 a.m. The meet is the last for the Valpo women prior to the MVC Championships.