Sophomore Bridget Pollard (Plainfield, Ill./Plainfield South) and freshman Jackson Oostman (Aurora, Ill./Marmion Academy) earned individual event victories on Saturday as the Valpo swimming team competed in a dual meet at Green Bay.
How It Happened
- On the women's side, Pollard took top honors in the 100 fly with a time of 1:01.08.
- Meanwhile, on the men's side, Oostman continued his strong rookie campaign with a narrow victory in the 100 breast, touching the wall in 1:00.53. He added a second-place finish as well with a time of 48.38 in the 100 free.
- Freshman Garrett Hoppman (Midland, Texas/Midland) recorded a runner-up showing in the 200 fly with a time of 2:00.13.
- Sophomore Sara Strauss (Spring Lake, Mich./Spring Lake) touched the wall second in both the 20 free (26.11) and the 200 back (2:30.76).
- The women totaled four runner-up finishes in all, as sophomore Dot Chislett (Stillwater, Minn./Stillwater Area) came home second in the 100 free with a time of 56.24 and senior Sophie Morelock (Milan, Mich./Milan) completed the 200 back in 2:16.81.
- Green Bay won both team scores, 165-86 on the women's side and 171-91 on the men's side.
Valpo returns to the pool for its major midseason meet in two weeks, heading to the SIU Invitational Nov. 10-12.