The Valpo bowling team posted a 3-1 record on the second and final day of competition Sunday at the Warhawk Invitational, hosted by UW-Whitewater in Fort Atkinson, Wis.
How It Happened
- Valpo kicked off the day with a bye and rolled an opening 840 as Sunday’s action was contested in the five-game baker format.
- Facing its first competition of the day in the second match slot, Valpo easily rolled to a 959-772 win over Upper Iowa.
- The Brown and Gold took their lone loss of the day against #18 Maryville, falling 921-850.
- Valpo bounced back with a 906-874 victory over Lewis — a win which included a 233 in game three, the team’s single-best game of the day — and then closed the tournament with an 856-811 victory over host #16 UW-Whitewater.
- Valpo finished in fifth place in the field based on total pinfall, but its 4-4 record over the two days was tied for the second-best record.
Valpo (11-10) is scheduled to be in action next weekend at the Railsplitter Classic in Harrogate, Tenn., hosted by Lincoln Memorial University. That three-day event is slated to begin on Friday, Feb. 5.