The #19 Valpo bowling team kicked off its second competition of the spring semester Friday in Harrogate, Tenn., winning a pair of matches on the opening day of action at the Railsplitter Classic, hosted by Lincoln Memorial University.
How It Happened
- Valpo started the tournament’s first day of competition, contested in the five-game baker format, against #RV Tusculum, falling 915-832.
- Valpo then dropped an 884-852 decision to #RV UAB in the second match slot.
- The first win of the tournament for the Brown and Gold awaited in their next match, as they took down Belmont Abbey by an 877-707 final.
- Valpo made it back-to-back victories with a 961-920 win over #23 Kentucky Wesleyan.
- The day finished up with another setback against UAB, this time by a score of 934-812.
- Valpo closed out the tournament’s first day in fifth place out of the eight competing teams, posting a total pinfall of 4,334 pins — just 37 pins out of fourth position.
Valpo (13-13) continues action at the Railsplitter Classic at 9 a.m. Saturday morning.