The Valpo bowling team kicked off its third tournament of the fall semester on Friday with the first day of action from the Track Kat Klash in Conroe, Texas, hosted by Sam Houston State.
How It Happened
- Competing in the five-game baker format on Friday, Valpo dropped its first match of the tournament to #22 Prairie View A&M, 913-822.
- The Beacons rebounded with a decisive win in the second match slot, beating Alabama A&M, 789-645.
- That proved to be Valpo’s lone win of the day, however. Valpo followed the victory with an 878-849 defeat against Texas Southern, and then fell 989-857 to #5 North Carolina A&T.
- Despite posting their top team score of the day in the final match slot, the Beacons came up just short against Alabama State, 976-950.
- Valpo totaled 4,267 pins over Friday’s five matches to end the day in 12th place out of 16 competing teams.
Valpo (16-14) continues competition in Texas on Saturday with traditional team matches beginning at 9:30 a.m.