The Valpo bowling team took to the lanes for the second of three days of action from the Track Kat Klash in Conroe, Texas on Saturday. Freshman Alli Eible (Burton, Mich./Kearsley) posted the squad’s top game of the day with a 243.
How It Happened
- Valpo opened the day, contested in the traditional team format, against #14 Delaware State, but fell by a 947-819 final. Junior Noelle Doody (Tinley Park, Ill./Andrew) led Valpo in the opener with a 192 game.
- The Beacons bounced back with a narrow 840-838 victory in the second match slot of the day, paced by a 198 from Doody.
- Valpo dropped a 967-756 decision to #20 Maryland Eastern Shore and then fell at the hands of #17 Central Missouri, 1101-920, despite the aforementioned 243 effort from Eible.
- Sophomore Addy Bates (Cedar Park, Texas/Cedar Park) rolled a 199 in the final match slot and freshman Lilu Smith (Gahanna, Ohio/Lincoln) posted a 198, but it wasn’t enough to take down #9 Louisiana Tech, as the Beacons lost 1065-861.
- Valpo’s total pinfall of 8,463 pins through the first two days puts it in 12th place out of the 16 competing teams.
Valpo (17-18) will conclude competition in Texas on Sunday with a trio of best-of-seven baker matches in bracket play to determine the final tournament standings. Action is slated for an 8:20 a.m. start.