The Valpo bowling team came away with a pair of victories on Friday as it opened competition at its final tournament of the fall semester, the MOTIV Ladyjack Classic, hosted by Stephen F. Austin in Kenosha, Wis.
How It Happened
- Competing in the five-game Baker format, Valpo opened the tournament with an 872-772 victory over North Central.
- The Beacons fell to a pair of top-10 foes in their next two matches, dropping a 1008-921 decision to #9 Youngstown State and a 1094-962 final to #6 Arkansas State.
- Valpo earned its second win of the day in the fourth match slot, taking down Carthage, 928-887.
- The day concluded with a 949-852 defeat against #15 Maryville.
- Valpo ended the day in 10th place in the team standings out of 14 competing teams, tallying a total pinfall of 4,535 through five matches.
Valpo (14-18) continues action from Kenosha with traditional team matches on Saturday.