Valpo bowling sophomore Alli Eible (Burton, Mich./Kearsley) posted a 210 average on Saturday, ranking her fifth among all bowlers as the Beacons continued action at Lewis’ Flyer Classic in Lockport, Ill.
How It Happened
- Valpo opened the day, contested in the traditional team format, against North Central and came away with a decisive 953-817 victory. Eible posted a 212 game in the opener, while sophomore Lilu Smith (Gahanna, Ohio/Lincoln) led the squad with a 222 and senior Noelle Doody (Tinley Park, Ill./Andrew) chipped in a 202 game.
- The Beacons made it two wins in a row to start Saturday’s competition with their high score of the day in a 998-836 win over Carthage. Eible paced Valpo in the victory with a 234. Freshman Jen Patz (Naples, Fla./Naples) rolled a career-best 232 and Smith registered her second straight game above 200, posting a 205.
- Valpo took its first loss of the day in the third match slot, falling 939-926 to Belmont Abbey despite a game of 206 from junior Isabella Palamaro (Thiells, N.Y./North Rockland). The Beacons then dropped an 865-825 decision against Quincy.
- The day concluded with Eible rolling a career-best 249 game to pace the Beacons against #17 Central Missouri, but it wouldn’t be enough, as UCM earned the 954-875 win.
- Led by Eible’s efforts, Valpo concluded the day with a total pinfall of 9,071 pins, good for 10th place in the team standings and just 15 pins out of ninth.
Valpo (36-40) concludes competition at the Flyer Classic on Sunday morning.