The Valpo bowling team continued action from Smyrna, Tenn. on Saturday with the second of three days of competition at the Vanderbilt Music City Classic.
How It Happened
- Valpo emerged victorious in its opening match of the day, coming away with a 789-720 win over Wagner. Senior Noelle Doody (Tinley Park, Ill./Andrew) paced the Beacons in the victory.
- The Beacons suffered a close loss in the second match slot, falling to Tusculum by an 893-881 final.
- Junior Isabella Palamaro (Thiells, N.Y./North Rockland) rolled Valpo’s top single-game score of the day with a 210 in its third match, but it wouldn’t be enough to come away with the win, as #RV Monmouth topped the Beacons, 952-897.
- Palamaro followed with a 199 in the next match as Valpo dropped an 895-877 decision to #25 Sacred Heart.
- The Beacons faced the tournament hosts in the final match of the day, and #2 Vanderbilt earned a 989-896 win despite a 199 game from freshman Jen Patz (Naples, Fla./Naples).
- Valpo ended the day in 22nd place in the 30-team field, with a total pinfall of 8,798 pins through two days of action.
Valpo (44-57) concludes the regular season with bracket play Sunday from Smyrna.