The Valpo softball team fell in its series finale Sunday afternoon at Eastern Kentucky by an 8-0 final.
How It Happened
- Junior Alexis Johnson (Schererville, Ind./Lake Central) picked up a one-out single in the top of the first, but was unable to advance past first base.
- The Colonels took the lead with three runs in their first time at the plate, all with two outs on an RBI double and a two-run homer.
- Junior Regi Hecker (Lee’s Summit, Mo./Blue Springs South) went the other way for a two-out single in the top of the third.
- EKU connected on a three-run homer in the third and scored a pair of unearned runs in the fourth to cap the scoring.
Inside the Game
- Hecker has tallied at least one hit in six of Valpo’s last seven games and has reached base safely in eight straight contests.
- Johnson is reaching base at a .429 clip over Valpo’s last five games.
- The Beacons were limited to just the two hits and failed to draw a walk for just the second time this year.
Valpo (3-14) takes to the diamond for its final game before the start of MVC play on Wednesday afternoon with a 1 p.m. game at Illinois.