The Valpo softball team’s first home series of the season wrapped up on Sunday afternoon at the Valpo Softball Complex, as the Beacons fell by a 15-0 final to Illinois State.
How It Happened
- Taylor Herschbach (Lockport, Ill./Lockport Township) snagged a low liner to end the top of the first and strand an ISU runner at third.
- The Redbirds pushed 13 runs across the plate in the second inning.
- Freshman Kim Rodas (San Bernardino, Calif./Cajon) continued her hot stretch at the plate with a leadoff double in the bottom of the second.
- ISU scored two in the fifth to cap the scoring.
Inside the Game
- Rodas extended her on-base streak to six consecutive games with her second-inning double. She is slashing .556/.733/.667 through Valpo’s first two MVC series.
- Senior Easton Seib (Blue Springs, Mo./Blue Springs South) pitched in relief and threw 3.1 innings, going the first three without surrendering a run before the Redbirds’ two-run, two-out single in the fifth.
Valpo (3-21, 0-6 MVC) steps away from Valley play for a midweek game at Purdue Fort Wayne. First pitch on Wednesday is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. CT.