The Valparaiso University women’s golf team closed out the Butler Fall Invitational on Tuesday by playing the final 18 holes of the event, hosted at the par-70, 6069-yard Highland Golf and Country Club in Indianapolis. Sophomore Anna Fay (Ada, Mich. / Forest Hills) paced the team for the second straight day.
How It Happened
- Fay posted Valpo’s best score, carding a 79, her second straight sub-80 round. She finished the tournament with a 54-hole score of 236, tied for 32nd in a 93-player field.
- Sophomore Madison Keil (LaGrange, Ind. / Lakeland) also finished in the top 40, checking in at t-40 with a 54-hole score of 238. She went 80 or better in all three rounds including an 80 in Tuesday’s Round 3.
- Freshman Emily Krzyzanowski (Scottsbluff, Neb. / Gering) and senior Kelsey Eichenauer (North Manchester, Ind. / Manchester) finished Tuesday’s round at 81 and 82, respectively, to round out the team’s countable scores.
- As a group, Valpo finished the day at 322 and the tournament at 966.
Inside the Rounds
- Valpo’s best showing came on par-5 holes at 5.50 (+15).
- Keil hit par exactly on 31 holes, while Krzyzanowski led the team with three birdies.
- Valpo totaled nine birdies as a team.
The Beacons will be in action again next week as they take part in the Loyola Parkinson Invitational, hosted at Merit Club in Libertyville, Ill. A link to live scoring will be available on ValpoAthletics.com.