The Valparaiso University women’s golf team competed in the final 18 holes of the Islander Classic on Tuesday as the 54-hole event held at the par-72, 6112-yard Corpus Christi Country Club in Corpus Christi, Texas reached its conclusion. Sophomore Madison Keil (LaGrange, Ind. / Lakeland) carded an 83 to lead the Beacons on the event’s final day.
How It Happened
- Keil’s score helped her climb into the team lead for the three-round event with a 251, tied for 54th in a 79-player field.
- The team’s second-best score on Tuesday came courtesy of Roslyn Leitner (Dundee, Ill. / Harry Jacobs), who posted an 85.
- For the tournament, freshman Taylor Skibinski (Michigan City, Ind. / Michigan City) was second on the squad at 256.
- As a team, Valpo advanced to 14th by surpassing Prairie View A&M on Tuesday. The Beacons carded a 347 in the final round to finish the event at 1025.
- Houston Christian took the team title at 921, with Houston Christian’s Elise Parel winning individual medalist honors at 226.
- Valpo drained 14 birdies, led by Skibinski with six.
Valpo will be back in action on Monday, March 13 at the SHU Spring Invite in Daytona Beach, Fla. A link to live scoring will be available on ValpoAthletics.com.